September is coming to a close and the winter holidays are right around the corner. Preparing for upcoming holiday festivities should include professional carpet cleaning in Arlington as well all regular maintenance and scheduled repairs to help make your residence or business looking its best.
Cleaning carpets regularly has many benefits including improving the overall appearance of your home, extending the life of the carpet, as well as improving your family’s health. Beyond regular vacuuming, you will also benefit by having carpets cleaned at minimum of once a year.
To prepare your carpets for that upcoming holiday party, it helps to know what to expect and the best way to approach tackling the project yourself.
Professional Cleaning Versus Doing It Yourself
If you have the time and patience (think at least an entire weekend) to steam clean carpets yourself, the process can be done by renting or purchasing a steam cleaner and all cleaning products.
Prep Steps For Carpet Cleaning
- Remove and relocate all furnishings, carpets, and accessories from the rooms that will be cleaned.
- Tie up any curtains or drapes that are touching the floor so they do not get in the way during the carpet cleaning process.
- Vacuum all carpeted surfaces, making sure that any loose dirt and debris is eliminated.
- Any animals on the property should be outside or in a safe area temporarily until all carpets are cleaned and dry.
- Be aware that you will achieve the best results when you plan to stay off of your carpets for at least 6 hours following cleaning until each area is completely dry. Walking on or placing furniture in the room prematurely can result in stains transferred from your shoes or feet.
Sometimes it’s best to call in the professionals to get the job done right. Those hard to remove spots and stains typically will not be removed by consumer grade carpet cleaning solutions and equipment despite your best efforts. Professionals arrive on site with all the best tools and products to remove those difficult spots and stains properly the first time, and in about half the time when compared to the average DIYer.
For further information about professional carpet cleaning in Arlington, or to learn more about our services, contact us today to speak with a friendly and professional Puget Services team member. We look forward to exceeding your expectations with extraordinary service.
Call (888) 435-1212 to schedule your hassle free carpet cleaning appointment.